Department of Management
School of Business
Emeritus Professors: F. El Hitami, H. El Sherif
Professors: S. Akabawy, M. Badran, M. El Shinnawy, M. Hassanein (Distinguished Professor), T. Hatem, I. Hegazy, S. Kamel, E. Tooma, S. Youssef.
Associate Professors: I. Azzam (Abraaj Group Chair of Private Equity), A. Bassiouny (Department Chair), N. Becheikh (Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research), A. ElShahat, S. Elwan, H. Mertzanis, M. Mourad (chair), D. Rateb, H. Shamma (BP Endowed Chair), A. Tolba
Assistant Professors: N. Ahmed, D. Bassiouni, A. Hassanein (Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and Administration), N. ElEnani, A. Ismail (Abdul Latif Jameel Chair of Entrepreneurship), I. Seoudi, R. Samir
Professor of Practice: A. AwniK, O’Connell
Associate Professor of Practice: D. Sherif (Willard W. Brown Chair of International Business Leadership)
Participating Faculty: H. Hosny, A. Kais
The Department of Management offers two undergraduate degree programs:
• Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Management of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) as a joint degree between the School of Business (BUS) and the School of Sciences and Engineering (SSE).
The Department of Management offers one graduate degree program:
•The Master of Science in Finance
Our mission is to develop entrepreneurial and responsible business leaders and professionals who are dedicated to the betterment of the society by providing a high quality business education to top caliber students from all segments of Egyptian society as well as from other countries while focusing on continuous improvement and commitment to excellence in learning, intellectual contributions and service.
In support of this mission the department:
• Provides a high quality contemporary - style business education that blends a global perspective with national cultures and is relevant to the business needs of Egypt and the region.
• Provides programs that encourage the development of an entrepreneurial spirit that emphasizes creativity, innovation, individual initiative and teamwork.
• Provides learning environment that fosters faculty/student communication and promotes lifelong learning and career development.
• Encourages faculty development activities that improve teaching, maintain competence and keep faculty current with ideas and concepts in their fields.
• Seeks to develop a portfolio of intellectual contributions to learning and pedagogy, to practice, and to the theory and knowledge base of the disciplines.
• Encourages the establishment of close partnerships with the business community through consultancies and service that enhance the intellectual and economic quality of Egypt while enriching the learning process.
In support of the mission, the faculty and staff are committed to shared core values that promote:
• Individual excellence
• Personal integrity and ethical professional behavior
• Collaboration, contribution, and inclusiveness
• Life-long learning
• Continuous improvement
• Adaptation to a changing global environment
• Social responsibility and community service