Bachelor of Business in Finance (BBF)
With the proliferation of ground-breaking financial services, the unprecedented growth in banking and the interconnectedness of global economies, the field of finance has never been more vital. The Bachelor of Business in Finance helps participants advance their careers in the finance field and keep up with the growth in the banking and financial services sector in Egypt. The BBF provides the deep financial knowledge needed to be a well-rounded professional who can understand the industry’s best practices and apply them to meet local market demands. The courses are designed with a focus to adapt to a local context, fitting with the needs of Egyptian firms and meeting market needs and challenges.
The number of students accepted in the Bachelor of Business in Finance program is limited and is filled through the declaration of major process.
Students who seek to be admitted to the Bachelor of Business in Finance program should apply in their third semester. Students seeking to declare the BBF program must have completed not less than 27 credit hours of study including the four courses listed below.
Based on the available space, a limited number of students who have successfully completed these courses and who meet the declaration requirements as determined by the department will be accepted in the major. The selection of students into the BBF Major is competitive and will depend mainly on the calculation of an equal weighted score between the overall GPA and major GPA. Additional combination of discipline relevant factors and evidence of interest in the field of Finance, through personal statements and/or interviews, will be used to determine acceptance into the major.
I. Overall GPA
The Overall GPA will be calculated using the following criteria:
- A minimum of 27 credit hours must be completed.
- All courses a student has completed will be included in the calculation, excluding, in certain cases, the course with the lowest grade*.
* A student could be eligible to have his/her lowest grade excluded from the calculation of the Overall GPA if he/she has completed 30 or more credit hours.
II. Major GPA
The Major GPA based will be calculated using the following criteria:
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of courses related to the Business Major must be completed.
- All Business Major courses, including collateral courses, that the student has completed will be included in the calculation.
- Admission to the Business in Finance major is competitive. Eligible students will be ranked and selected based on their weighted grade point average.
Declaration GPA = Major GPA*50% + Overall GPA*50%
Students who seek the BBF Degree are NOT permitted to:
- Double major within the same department (i.e. BBE, BBM or MICT).
- Minor in Business Administration.
Students must complete a minimum of 127 credit hours for the Bachelor of Business in Finance degree in the following areas: I. Core Curriculum (37 credits), II. Collateral Requirements (18 credits), III. Business Core Requirements (30 credits), IV. Finance Major Requirements (18 credits), V. Finance Major Electives (12 credits) VI. General Electives (12 credits).