Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
A successful economic future for Egypt and the Middle East is highly concerned with a basic understanding of the principles and practices of business as they apply to firms in a dynamic environment. The business administration curriculum provides students with a foundation in the liberal arts and sciences while enabling them to develop expertise in business management and practices. Major emphasis is placed on the role of business in Egypt and the Middle East.
The number of students accepted in the Bachelor of Business Administration program is limited and is filled through the declaration of major process.
Students who seek to be admitted to the Bachelor of Business Administration program should apply in their third semester. Students seeking to declare the BBA program must have completed not less than 27 credit hours of study including the four courses listed below.
- ACCT 201/2001 - Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- ECON 201/2021 - Introduction to Macroeconomics (3 cr.)
OR ECON 202/2011 - Introduction to Microeconomics (3 cr.)
- MACT 210/2222 - Statistics for Business (3 cr.)
- BADM 203/2001 - Introduction to Business (3 cr.)
Based on the available space, a limited number of students who have successfully completed these courses and who meet the declaration requirements as determined by the department will be accepted in the major. The selection of students into the Business Major is competitive and will depend on the calculation of an equal weighted score between:
I. Overall GPA
The Overall GPA will be calculated using the following criteria:
- A minimum of 27 credit hours must be completed.
- All courses a student has completed will be included in the calculation, excluding, in certain cases, the course with the lowest grade*.
* A student could be eligible to have his/her lowest grade excluded from the calculation of the Overall GPA if he/she has completed 30 or more credit hours
II. Major GPA
The Major GPA based will be calculated using the following criteria:
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of courses related to the Business Major must be completed.
- All Business Major courses, including collateral courses, that the student has completed will be included in the calculation, excluding, in certain cases, the course with the lowest grade*.
* A student could be eligible to have his/her lowest grade excluded from calculating the Management Related GPA if he/she has completed 15 or more credit hours
Admission to the Business Administration major is competitive. Eligible students will be ranked and selected based on their weighted grade point average.
Students must complete a minimum of 127 credit hours for the Bachelor of Business Administration degree in the following areas: I. Core Curriculum (37 credits), II. Collateral Requirements (18 credits), III. Business Core Requirements (48 credits), IV. Concentration (15 credits), V. General Electives (9 credits)
Students who seek the Bachelor of Business Administration degree are not permitted to the minor in accounting or entrepreneurship.