Professors: A. Abdel Hamid (sabbatical), H. Elayat, A. Elimam, M. Farag (Director of Engineering Services), S. El-Haggar, M. Habib, A. Sabry, A. Serag-Eldin, M. Younan (Chair)
Associate Professors: L. Gaafar, A. Nassef, H. Salem, A. Shalaby, A. Esawi
Assistant Professors: H. Hegazi, L. El-Gabry, M. Arafa
The Master of Science program in Mechanical Engineering is administered by the Mechanical Engineering Department. The program offers high quality education that prepares students for advanced academic, research and professional careers in one of the following specializations: Design, Industrial Engineering, and Materials and Manufacturing Engineering.
The objectives of the Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering are to provide the graduates of the program with:
- A broad knowledge of modern computational and experimental methods in engineering.
- Extensive knowledge in one of the following specializations: design, industrial engineering or materials and manufacturing.
- Deep understanding of the research techniques and data analysis in the area of specialization.
- An ability to solve unstructured engineering problems, think critically, function well in a team, and communicate effectively.
- A high standard of written and oral communication on technical matters.
A candidate for the master’s program in Mechanical Engineering must have a degree in engineering. Students who have some deficiency in their undergraduate training but are well-qualified in other respects may be admitted provisionally. The Mechanical Engineering Department may prescribe a program of noncredit work to make up for the deficiency.